Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

Vizsla or not

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is asked a lot of times on the forum. So I would like to post a couple of pics of a puppy, and members can test their skills.
Dog Carnivore Liver Dog breed Working animal

Dog Carnivore Liver Organism Dog breed

·
Administrator
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: Mrs M

·
Administrator
4,343 Posts
ticks all the boxes for me to be a vizsla

Reactions: texasred

·
Registered
Ellie
365 Posts
I believe it is a V mix with some kind of hound. I see the pointy type head, too low of ears, and something about the cheeks (whatever you call it on dogs). But hey I'm no dog pro so we'll see!

·
Administrator
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Two more days to test your skills, until the poll closes.

·
Administrator
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The correct answer is
Not Vizsla.
This pup is a Catahoula/Pitt mix.
Most Vizsla mixes that were not bred with a yellow, red or white breed will not be rust in color. Most of the will either be liver, or black in color.
Pictures can be very deceiving, when you are trying to identify a shelter, or found puppy/dog.
I’m posting pics of the puppies parents, and it’s littermates. Y’all should know by now that I love all dogs. I just will not call any dog a Vizsla, Unless I have my hands on them and I’m absolutely positive, when I pull dogs for rescue.

Dog Wood Carnivore Dog breed Flooring

Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Carnivore Pet supply

Dog Carnivore Collar Working animal Companion dog

Reactions: Mrs M

·
Registered
Ellie
365 Posts
Wow awesome, really looked like a V mix to me. I am not familiar with the Catahoula breed before now. Learn something new every day! Seems most mixes these days have some kind of Pitt/Amstaff in them. Kind of sad really.

·
Administrator
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow awesome, really looked like a V mix to me. I am not familiar with the Catahoula breed before now. Learn something new every day! Seems most mixes these days have some kind of Pitt/Amstaff in them. Kind of sad really.
One of my daughters loves Catahoulas.
She’s on her second one.

Reactions: Dan_A
1 - 16 of 16 Posts