Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I adopted Finch in Maine, transported from Georgia after the tornados in April. She is now 5 months old and she is often mistaken for a Vizsla, Redbone or Ridgeback. We know her mom was a pit mix, but other than that, we don't know anything else.

Personality-wise, she is a quick-learner, loves to retrieve balls and swim and is very social with people & dogs. She loves to cuddle and be close, but she does very well on her own too, either in a crate or waiting in a car. So far, she only barks when she wants to play.

What do you Vizsla-lovers think?

Attached are 2 photos - Finch at 8 weeks and Finch at 16 weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Finch is very, very cute! Her eyes sure look like Vizsla eyes, and her coat sure looks like a Vizsla coat. I would venture a guess that at least one of her grandparents was a Vizsla (if not two). Her personality sounds pretty V-ish, as well. Lucky you! ;D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awe, thank you all for your replies! I have always thought Vizslas to be some of the most beautiful dogs, so I am delighted to think my little Finch might be part Vizsla!

·
Registered
40 Posts
To my eye he looks very much like a Vizsla. Just needs bigger ears and a lighter nose. He's a good looking boy regardless 8)

·
Registered
134 Posts
she's sooooooo cute. looks like a V in her eyes and coat, but regardless...beautiful!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts