Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for welcoming.
I am actually looking for some help from you guys. I already have a pomchi . It's a lovely dog. But now one of my family
member is also interested in Vizsla. I really don't know much about
this breed. But these two dog breeds are going to live in one home.
Let me know if anyone here can help me to know if the Pomchis can
live with Vizsla. It's a well trained dog, which behave well with other
animals. But I just need your sincere thoughts about Vizsla behavior.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Lewis096

Many people have larger dogs that share the house wonderfully with much smaller dogs. It's doable.
Vizlsa's are not by nature "aggressive". They will fight and defend themselves, as well as exhibit signs of resource guarding, but they're not truly aggressive. They can be very assertive though.
Vizlsa's puppies can be a handful. They're seemingly fine and docile for the first day or so, but then "they get their legs under them" and it's non stop chaos while they're awake.
A Vizsla is a high energy dog. They are not neurotic by any means, but this is a dog that is as athletic as they come, and meant to work all day. They can run, and in fact they have to be run.
From the correct lines, this is a "working dog" in every sense of the expression.
They are however, very nice house pets, and in fact like to be with their people. You can't kennel them, or isolate them. They need to be a part of the everyday household.
I have two cats about the same size as a Pomchi. One cat stands it ground, the other dummy runs!. He runs, and my V chases him.
If your Pomchi is assertive and older, it's probably doable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts