Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

As you probably know, the time and resources that I am able to dedicate to this community are limited. This community has grown so quickly that it has become the largest site on the internet to discuss Hungarian Vizslas. I am incredibly happy that all of the members and moderators have been able to contribute to this.

Over the last few weeks, I have been in a discussion to partner with a company who specializes in managing internet-based communities, VerticalScope Inc. My final decision was to partner with this company. This was a very tough decision for me to make given the time that I have put into making VizslaForums.com a success.

The benefits of this for everyone are great. VerticalScope and their team are bring a wealth of expertise and experience on the technology side to manage, fix, and perhaps even upgrade the tech side of our community. Their team is on-call 24/7 to ensure that Vizlaforums.com will always be attended to in the event of a tech related incident that may cause a disruption to the site. They will be able to provide much faster loading times, less downtime/technical problems and have the resources to improve the forum with new features in the future!

VerticalScope has already taken over the domain and hosting of the website – you may have already seen improved loading times in the last few days! I will remain active in the community and help with running the forum as I did before. In the short term at least, there will be few visible changes to the site. Other than that, it is business as usual here. The mods have all been invited to stay on in their role. I will still be around in my current role but now, I don't have to focus on the behind the scenes aspect of this community and can devote my time to helping out and more importantly, on our beloved Vizslas.

If you have any questions then do not hesitate to post here or PM me!

Calum

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To update on a few things:

1. I am trying to sort of the problem with the Recent Posts that appear on the left hand side, trying to get this back to 10 but not sure what the problem is.

2. We are looking at a long term solution to the new spam problem as well - In the mean time all post reports are appreciated.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Calum - PIKE & I give you a Hearty VVell Done - your passion 4 the breed started the Forum - your passion drove it 2 the level it's at & still growing - sit back & enjoy the fruits of your labor !!! smart move keeping our moderators - started as a personal site 4 those with a love 4 V's - & will remain the same !!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts