Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, we are getting our second V (puppy) next tuesday and were wondering this. We currently have a 2.5 year old V that is left in our bedroom when we leave. With the puppy we plan to kennel it when we leave just like we did with her. The question is this, do you kennel the older V also? Do you separate them in different rooms?

·
Registered
299 Posts
When my new pup arrives i plan on kenneling both dogs next to each other. More as a comfort to the pup than anything else.

·
Registered
33 Posts
not sure that this exactly applies...

my brother had an akita (zeus) that was probably 3 years old that he had got when he was a pup...then they adopted another akita (tonka) from a shelter, who was probably 5 years old. they left zeus out as always and crated tonka--both in the downstairs of the house which wasn't very big--just to avoid any "testosterone battles". one day they came home and found that zeus had drug tonka--in his crate--from the dining room into the living room because he wanted to play so badly. after that, no more crates and they have both been fine ever since!

·
Registered
155 Posts
When we brought our 4 month old, the first V was a little over 2 yrs. The older V had the run of the house. The pup was locked in the foyer. The foyer was chewed up, so we fenced both in another area where they could go outside. The pup jumped over the gate and knocked over our flat screen. From that day on, we closed the doors, put things up and they have the run of the house ::)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts