Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Puppy Cookie is 9 weeks old just had her 2nd injection

I dont know if we are doing good or bad in terms of other puppies/training etc :|

So far she does the following at 9 weeks

• Create is in the kitchen goes in/out by herself for sleeps
  • Sleeps in the create at night 10pm-6am - sleeps through the night (has about 10min bark session when we leave here then snuggles for sleep)
  • When we go downstairs shes SUPER excited to see us tail goes nuts and she does mini barks and wants cuddles
  • She has a mad 30-45mins every day then gets sleepy
  • loves a cuddle
  • 75% sucess rate with the word "SIT"
  • Poo's outside 100%
  • Wee's outside 65% sucess here (has some messes inside)
  • When very excited she will do the puppy bite (soft) puts your hand/fingers in mouth holds it then lets go (doesnt hurt just like tasting with her mouth i guess, never drawn blood or punched through skin)
  • Doesnt eat much, fussy about when she wants to eat but is getting around 300g/day
  • Vet checked her over this morning and gave her shot said she looks fine healthy etc, but siad she was alittle naughty as wouldnt sit still and asked "hows the training going"
So the last bullet is what has inspired this post.... are we doing bad?? are other 9 weeks pups totally different?

We dont know any other local vizslar owners so have nothing to benchmark agiast. :sad

She loves being by ourside when watching TV, this is when she sleeps and farts :grin

·
Administrator
8,085 Posts
She sounds perfect.
All Vizsla puppies are a little naughty.

Reactions: PhilipL

·
Super Moderator
887 Posts
I'd say she's in the 95% percentile category, at least. Congratulations. I'd also say that the vet has unrealistic expectations for a 9 week old ... "wouldn't sit still" isn't naughty at that age.

·
Registered
769 Posts
sounds perfect to me.

don`t let anyone stress you with how your pup should behave at this or that age. every dog is different, even 2 vizslas are not the same. keep giving her structure, stimulation and love and she will thrive on it, learning everything you want her to learn, at her own pace.

she looks adorable curled up!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh good lord, I am struggling now with puppy desire......between pics up here and on our Dublin vizsla owners club of puppies that are looking for homes and a 1 year old last night who needed fostering....I am not sleeping much at night, instead I am going down the rabbit hole of vizsla babies.

Cookie is adorable. Those floppy ears, the way she runs towards you, how much she wants to please! 😂😂

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh good lord, I am struggling now with puppy desire......between pics up here and on our Dublin vizsla owners club of puppies that are looking for homes and a 1 year old last night who needed fostering....I am not sleeping much at night, instead I am going down the rabbit hole of vizsla babies.

Cookie is adorable. Those floppy ears, the way she runs towards you, how much she wants to please! 😂😂

i know - she is like a little bouncing bunny rabbit :angel

we have 3 children (7, 4, 3) and they love her shes really good with the kids TBH.

:nerd

·
Registered
769 Posts
She seems to have a lot of desire to learn and please, well done on training her and being so positive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts