Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor Pete; I actually lost my patience with him tonight, something I assure you is a rare thing. He is very insistent on climbing up into my lap for attention and while I allow it, I am trying to teach him to hop up beside me rather than actually into my lap. Well today he started climbing into my lap and in the ensuing struggle to get him down, he took my laptop with him onto the floor. Now I am normally very patient about this, but today I lost it and actually yelled 'Dammit, Pete! Go lay down!' Pete slunk away and my two squirts just sat there shocked at my behavior. He was only trying to be affectionate, but for some reason he just doesn't want to comprehend the words "No, Pete. Down!'

All seems to be forgiven now, as he is laying beside me, sighing in his sleep with his head on my hip...

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Dogs (all dogs, not just Vizslas) are very quick to forgive. The Vizsla in particular just seems to want all the love, all the time! Willie, at 75 lbs., is also very insistent about draping his whole body over my lap if I'm chatting on the phone. It is pretty funny that he still believes he's just a little pup! And by the way, he still believes he needs all the attention. ::)

Don't worry... You are not evil. Pete has already told you that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts