He’s very depressed

But he will learn again to trust

I adopted your dog today

And here he will stay

He’s found his forever home

And a warm bed on which to lay.

I adopted your dog today

And I will give him all that he could need -

Patience, love, security and understanding.

Hopefully he will forget your selfish deed.

- Author Unknown[/color]​

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sad but touching poem. We will be adopting as soon as we move into a house. The apartment has strict rules. I also donate every month to a shelter. I can't believe that some people can just toss an animal away like a pair of shoes or something. Breaks my heart.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Thanks for posting this very touching poem! It is heartbreaking that some people have such a cavalier attitude about companion animals, as if they are disposable.

I adopted my Willie Boy from the dog pound, and have always told myself that he was just lost, not abandoned. Just can't bear the thought that someone might have abandoned him. He was so skinny when I got him, I really think that one more week running around lost out in the cold would have cost him his life.

Animals like Willie are the very reason why I volunteer with the Michigan Humane Society. They all deserve the chance to live a decent life.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn't "looking" for Max (our 17 mo. old Vizsla), but was contacted by a friend of a friend (who is a breeder). The people that had Max since he was 3 months old, dropped him back at her house and said they didn't want him anymore. :mad: :'(

He was bone thin (I took pictures) and looked like he was from a concentration camp. The vet wants him to gain 10-15 pounds!!!

They trained him very little and he wasn't socialized around other dogs. I'm glad that they turned him back over to the breeder, but I'm also still ticked that they didn't treat him right.

I WILL be writing a letter to them to let them know that I KNOW how badly they treated him and how well and loved he is doing now. JERKS!

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
It is very obvious how much everyone on this forum loves their V. My neighbor does OES rescue and I think it is wonderful when she finds them their forever homes. Rescue organizations know so much about their specific breed and the work they put in, and the network of volunteers amazes me. I guess I look at it a little different, I believe they will be better off than staying with a family for whatever reason is no longer able to care for them. She has received several where the owners have lost their homes and were unable to care for them any longer, or where one of the owners has a serious illness. She also rescues the ones that were horribly neglected. I always tease her that it would be easier to adopt a child than one of her rescues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts