Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
8,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing like having a driver turn across your lane of traffic, when your running 60 miles a hour, and pulling a a trailer loaded down with an UTV. I still don't know where my husband came up with those slick NASCAR moves. One second your bracing yourself for impact, and the next he has managed to lock the brakes, and drift at a angle just enough to miss the guy. Release the brakes, hit them again, while steering, and drift to the opposite side. Not jackknife the trailer, and miss the the second vehicle that would have been a head-on collision. I'm sure both of our hearts were racing after that.
I've only practice with Hunter a couple of times, on what to expect hunting. Louder duck shotgun shells, sitting in a blind, and swimming through decoys for retrieves.
I was very proud of him on his first duck hunt. He didn't see where the first duck fell, just a little encouragement he swam out, and retrieved it. He needed no encouragement after that.
Sorry for the bad picture. I have got to replace my phone case.
Hunter with his first duck.
20201114_063303.jpg

·
Administrator
8,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
20201114_063215.jpg

·
Registered
884 Posts
sounds like your day ended well despite of scary start. nice to see Hunter becoming a great duck hunter, i am sure he has been very proud of himself too.

·
Administrator
8,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He was so funny.
After the hunt, when decoys were being picked up. He went out in the water with my husband. He would sniff every decoy, to make sure it was not a duck.
The hunt was nice, and we enjoyed it.

On our way back home, the trailer had a blowout, and the tires on it are fairly new. So quick tire change in a parking lot, and back on the road. My husband dropped me and the dogs off at the house, before going to buy new tires.
He called a few minutes later, and said someone has almost ran into him on the way to the tire store. I told him it may be best, if we just stayed home for the rest of the day. LOL
All's well that ends well.
Him, and Hunter are going back duck hunting in the morning. I'm staying home, and cooking a big meal for the family. We are going to go hunting over the long Thanksgiving weekend, so doing a small get-together tomorrow.

Reactions: Gabica

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Sounds like y'all had enough excitement for a while. I'd be staying home too. ;) Glad an accident was averted and that Hunter is living up to his name!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Nice!!!!
There is nothing wrong with those photos at all.
As G.B. Evans wrote; "A gun, a dog, and time enough."

"He went out in the water with my husband. He would sniff every decoy, to make sure it was not a duck."
What a priceless memory that will be.

I am glad to hear that serious injury and damage was avoided with the vehicle incidents. that had to be a scary way to start the day

·
Administrator
8,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like y'all had enough excitement for a while. I'd be staying home too. ;) Glad an accident was averted and that Hunter is living up to his name!
The name given to him by his first owners was Homer. It was changed to Hunter, before coming to me.
I think Hunter fits him very well.
He had did a little pheasant hunting before coming to us. We've had him for a little over a year. In that time he has learned to dove hunt, and is picking up duck hunting very quickly.
What I really like about Hunter, it is drive to retrieve. He does not give up on finding a downed bird.

Reactions: einspänner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts