Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - could use some helpful hints if you don't mind. I will be having a couple of heart valves replaced in a few weeks and I'm most worried about how Ziva is going to react.
1. She will be kenneled for the first time for probably seven days. We've used this kennel before for our Brittany and the owner has Weimis so he is very excited about meeting Ziva. It is in the country, super clean, each dog has their own inside/outside run and he also gives them lots of individual attention. If she has problems, I've made arrangements for friends of ours to pick her up.
2. She is truly my dog - unless I'm gone and then she will give all her attention to my husband. When I come home, I'll be pretty limited for several weeks. No leash time or rough play, etc. Hoping Ziva will sence this and give me some time to recoup.
3. Once I'm up and running we can get back to being lots more active so that is a good thing.
I'm just not sure how she is going to react. Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Ziva just turned one in March.

·
Registered
85 Posts
A couple of weeks ago, I took a blow to head and have been dealing with a concussion. Because of the concussion, I was pretty immobile for a few days and wasn't able to exercise Hally (which I do multiple times a day) or play with her much. Rather than Hally going crazy and being a nuisance, she was actually a really great nurse maid! My fiance was making sure she was still getting her exercise, but Hally seemed fairly in tune with the fact that something was up with me. Honestly, I think she enjoyed all the extra snuggle time on the couch!

So, IMHO, I am sure things will be fine for your V after your surgery. Good luck for both you and your V though!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is nothing to do with surgeries or a change in my condition, but I recently took my V home to my parents where there was limited (or no) opportunities for exercise for two days. She actually just lounged around, much more than usual, and occupied herself with toys. No crazy V outbursts. After that experience, it seems they can be quite adaptable. I think your V will be just fine :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts