Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just really a "keep your heads up " post, hope you're all okay and managing to keep your V's entertained and occupied,,,,and we;re not climbing the walls,,,as admin, we can chat so please feel free to contact us any time,,,we're global and spread around time zones! but take care folks. social distance, love to you all

·
Administrator
8,033 Posts
I think there is over 2000 cases in my general area. So only venture out, if I absolutely have to. I'm sure the dogs are bored, but handling it well.
I got bored yesterday, and watch part of The Tiger King. LOL But have to say if that's the worst of my problems, I've got it pretty good.

Reactions: Gabica

·
Registered
736 Posts
Thanks for checking in, very much apprciated.
Boys enjoy it. Although today (Saturday) we had lots of rain and spent most of the day inside. Otherwise we run every morning, i picked up jogging myself again, after many years...and figured that i still enjoy it. There is here and there a barking audible during my conference calls, but i am not the only one and at my company everyone works worldwide at home, except those in operational roles.
Miksa turns out to be a vacuum cleaner fan! Not only likes to hang out with me when i use it, but today i was vacuuming the stairs and he came and sat with me, following every stair and checking whether i cleaned them properly. Bende was like dude, are u serious??? This is girls’ stuff, lol.
We also are creating a new specy, the tailless Texas Lizard one... one with a tail came into the house and was hiding under the couch today... got chased out from there and then went under the media cabinet... well, what is better than a rainy day to hunt inside, haha.

We made progress with whoa for the birds, seems like we have lots of pigeons out these days. Bende is more and more stable, i would say he may break 1 out of 10 cases. Miksa still likes to chase here and there but recently when he sees that Bende stays in whoa he turns around and comes back flying right next to us. He is not even 2 and has not had any senior level training yet ( had to postpone our trip to Missouri due to covid), so i am very pleased with his progress too.

Otherwise we hardly ever go anywhere, try to stay virus free and very positive. Here and there we find a dog in the need of help and of course we always make all the effort to find their owners.

Attached a picture of the boys chewing their moose antlers together.

Love to all too and stay safe.

G

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
all good here....house has never been cleaner....waiting on the new hose, so that I can complete the power washing of the garden and pathways, as Maggie felt it was fun to grab the old one, and it now has many leaks. We started some agility training yesterday, so that is keeping her occupied, and she loves to 'help' in the garden.....

We are restricted to a 2 km radius of home for outdoor exercise....so our local park is it for now. This is fine with me, however, there are a lot of park newbies, who are only just now finding and discovering our park with running track, large green open space and the wooded track around most of the perimeter.....and of course, they assume it is all for them, and are not so happy about doggies running off their energy on the green space or the track. I've had quite a few altercations. So we try to go earlier and later in the day. however, Maggie seems to be not that affected....she is getting to spend a lot of time at home with her mom.....and is getting 24 hr attention and company, which worries me slightly for when I may eventually be able to restart the business.

Hope you're all safe and well.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
We're doing pretty well.
I worked from home the first two weeks, but I am now back at work making electricity for New England.
I did get quite a bit of early yard work done, and Finn and I have spent a good bit of time training afield. He's coming along nicely. A little ill mannered in the house, but in the field he's picking it up quick.
They've closed the state parks here, an now people have discovered that the field trial training areas are still open. It leads to some "discussions". These are designated "off leash" training grounds for hunting dogs. Some folks are not used to hunting dogs running off leash, so some " crucial conversations' are sometimes needed. I just work Finn back in the duck marshes and avoid the whole confrontation phase.

Hopefully we recover from all of this in the coming months and folks can get back to what makes them happy. I hope also that everyone can return to their jobs as soon as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts