Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the paperwork for my rescued dog says "Vizsla mix" and the vet says maybe a Vizsla/lab mix, but how will I know for sure? What behaviors would be associated with lab and not vizsla? Everything I read says these breeds are very closely related and it's almost not worth it to know the differences.

·
Registered
299 Posts
If it is VERY important to you to know exactly what mix you have, I sugest getting the DNA testing kit. However, if you are merely curious I wouldn't bother with it. Labs and Vs are very similar in many ways--energetic, fun loving, motivated to please etc. Labs are "harder" dogs, they can take sterner corrections without shutting down.

Of course this is a very broad generalization of the 2 breeds and does not apply to all dogs.

Enjoy your new family member and kuddos for adopting!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Labs forget and go on to the next thing. Vs don't. Labs have 2 some say 3 coats and can handle the cold much better then a V. Labs can lay around for days without chewing up the house. Vs will shread anything in sight if they don't get to run and burn off the energy. :) Labs have patience and Vs usually have much less. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts