Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been bathing Copper once every two weeks. I know it maybe too often but, he does gets really smelly! He is outside a lot and gets into everything. A couple weeks back, he was eating salmon eggs streamside. ;D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Very rarely.

I read that because most V's have very sensitive skin that they should only be bathed around 5 to 6 times in a year.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Only when he needs it ... not that often, usually precedes a roll in something undesirable -last week it was a bag of rotten fish he encountered on a woods road - not his fault that some yahoo with no respect for the environment and its inhabitants would throw that out of their truck -gross!!! He smells pretty good most of the time. And i use wet shampoo, Johnson's baby shampoo mostly.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Only when they need it, unless we count throwing them into a pond every now and again as a bath. I think Tika does. :eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I heard that Vizsla's are the most cat like breed and they tend to lick themselves clean. All you should do is take a damp cloth and rub them down once a week and bathe them once every 2 months.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Clyde does get "ripe" as we call it but we do not bathe him unless there is some special occasion or we are planning a long car ride with him. On average i would say 3-4 times a year.

·
Registered
220 Posts
About once a month or as necessary. After a couple of days out hunting, it is usually Necessary!

Toe nails get clipped fortnightly. That is a real chore.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Kobi has had one bath... he is going to be 19 weeks I believe tomorrow. The only reason for the bath was that he had two in the cage accidents and smelled a bit like pee. I used nothing but water and it seems to have done the trick.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm with gunnr and kian; we don't bathe unless she needs it. If she smells bad after day care, the smell just seems to dissipate on its own and she smells sweet within an hour or too (I know because I kiss her on the head all the time). She cleans herself like a cat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts