Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
9,177 Posts
I don’t limit food at that age. If they quickly eat what’s in the bowl, I add more.
if they start leaving food, I cut back.

Reactions: Dan_A and PhilipL

·
Registered
165 Posts
As a puppy I fed Rafa, my male Vizsla, three times a day with dry kibble and as Texasred has said adding more if he ate it all quickly.

The quantity guidance on dog food packaging doesn't quite apply to Vizslas, who are very high energy requiring lots of calories to be burned and don't usually overeat unlike some other breeds.

He is now fully grown and is a skinny,
but 30kg large Vizsla

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Liver
Plant Dog Tree Liver Carnivore

Brown Dog Liver Carnivore Collar
Cloud Sky Dog Plant Dog breed

·
Registered
2 Posts
As a puppy I fed Rafa, my male Vizsla, three times a day with dry kibble and as Texasred has said adding more if he ate it all quickly.

The quantity guidance on dog food packaging doesn't quite apply to Vizslas, who are very high energy requiring lots of calories to be burned and don't usually overeat unlike some other breeds.

He is now fully grown and is a skinny,
but 30kg large Vizsla

View attachment 103906 View attachment 103908
View attachment 103907 View attachment 103909
That is a beautiful animal you got there! I hope my baby gets that big!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi we have a new puppy and I wanted to know how much food people recommend she eats daily in the two sittings ? She is 15 weeks and weighs 9.6kg
Cheers
I would start with a 1/4-1/2 cup of food each meal. Then add a tiny bit more depending upon how hungry they are. Like if they gobble up the food- keep adding a tiny bit more until they are satisfied.

This method will help you figure out the sweet spot as they age. Try to keep treats to a minimum & give mostly regular food/kibble as treats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts