Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our puppy is almost 6 months old and sleeping pattern sometimes seems like maybe she's in her crate for too long? She sleeps from 10 pm to 6 am and then she's up and falling asleep at 8 am till 11 am. She then is awake for another hour or 2 and if I don't put her back in the crate she will start being bitey so she usually goes back at 1pm till 4 and then she use to go back to sleep at 6 but now she seems like she doesn't want to till 8 which at that time we try to just settle her or play something not exciting so she can hold on till 10. But sometimes I feel like maybe is she still needs all her puppy naps as before. Not sure... we work full time so 8 to 11 and 1 to 4 have to happen. We do walk her morning and night and we go to the park for off leash runs and she goes to daycare once a week.
Just thought maybe someone can share their schedule at similar age. That's always very helpful!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a 6 month old and also my wife and I are both working and my schedule is pretty similar to yours. Our boy wakes up at 7:00. Hangs with us/eats while we get ready to take kids to school/camp. And then I off leash exercise him for an hour. He is in crate, very tired from 9:00-12:00. We then do a lunch together and then I'll take him off leash again or some play time with other dogs and then back in the crate from 1:15ish to 4:00. After that he gets to play with all of us, roam the yard etc. but ends up in the crate if he is acting like a puppy (putting everything in his mouth, jumping on counters/couches/chairs, getting into things) when we are preparing dinner and putting our kids to bed. We have tried using a small house leash when we do house chores like kids bath, bedtime so he isn't in his crate and with us, but we have some control.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts