Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pup is 5 months and 1 week old. He is almost 50 pounds with very large paws....How big is this guy going to get?

KW

·
Registered
47 Posts
How big are his parents?

He sounds huge! Although I think it is quite common for them to go through a growth spurt at 5 months. That is when Charlie grew the most.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The parents were not huge....average to small. It still looks like he has a ways to go to fill into his paws.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is where the saying, "How long is a piece of string" comes into play!! If the parents are not huge, he is probably just growth spurting, but will eventually start to get into proportion.
Bentley is all legs and ears and has been all along. Everyone comments on how leggy he is, but he is gradually filling out a bit and is now 9 months old. He is looking less like a Great Dane in a Ginger suit these days thankfully.

This is all part of a puppies charm, so make the most of it and I am sure he will grow into a stunning Vizsla, as they all do!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Darwin is doing about the same as Cavedog's. He will be 5 months and 1 week on the weekend, and he is about 34 lbs right now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My V puppy is a bitch, and i was amazed at her weigh in today - 40lbs. She's 5 months exactly. To look at her though she doesn't seem chunky at all.

I did think it was straining my back a bit when i was lifting her over things...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts