Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our dog, Woody had a Hystiocytoma. We were very, very concerned because our previous Vizsla, Zeke, passed away from Mast Cell cancer at 3 1/2 years old and it presented the same way as a hystiocytoma. In fact, we were told by the vet that Zeke had a hystiocytoma. We had Woody's hystio aspirated and we we were told it was, in fact, a histocytoma and not mast cell. I was still concerned because I was told there was nothing I could do and that it would get pretty ugly before it would go away. I could not find any pictures on line that showed the progression, so I documented it my self. I hope this will help other Vizsla owners feel at ease if their dog gets a hystiocytoma. Woody's histiocytoma has completely gone away. The first picture was March 20 and the last was May 22.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there,
Thank you for your post. Was your dog licking a Hystiocytoma? My puppy is keep licking it and looking mushy and wet. I am so concerned about.

·
Administrator
9,304 Posts
Hello there,
Thank you for your post. Was your dog licking a Hystiocytoma? My puppy is keep licking it and looking mushy and wet. I am so concerned about.
If you dog is constantly licking it. It could be a hot spot or a lick granuloma.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts