Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I have been reading this forum for a while. And registered some time ago as I found out I could see pictures ;)

We are the proud owners of Drago. Drago is nearly 10 weeks old now. He is living with us no for two weeks. Actually I am quite proud to say that he was born in the one and only vizsla country: Hungary! He is a real Hungarian ;D

In the future we hope to do fieldtrials with our little friend. But first we are taking a puppy-class (gundogs only).

At this moment we are working on his crate training. I toke some days off from work. But have to get back into it. I hope it will all go very smooth. I have found a lot of usefull information on this forum.. thanks for that!

I will add some pictures from our little fellow ;D

I love his ears.. nearly flying!

Drago ...trying being smart

Chasing a Coca-Cola bottle.. fantastic game!

Mr. Charming

At the first gundog-puppy-class the trainer brought a crow (?) Drago was very impressed by the bird. The trainer would let him meet with the new 'thingy'... but Drago immediately knew he had to bring it to 'the boss'.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Drago is very handsome, Congratulations on becoming owned by a Vizsla.
That Gun Dog only class is a fantastic idea! Training dogs in a purpose specific manner, and environment, has to be quite an experience. I wish there were more available here in the US.
You did the right thing starting him on the birds ( crow ) early. Get him on birds early and often and he'll know his job and be happier.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gunnr said:
Drago is very handsome, Congratulations on becoming owned by a Vizsla.
That Gun Dog only class is a fantastic idea! Training dogs in a purpose specific manner, and environment, has to be quite an experience. I wish there were more available here in the US.
You did the right thing starting him on the birds ( crow ) early. Get him on birds early and often and he'll know his job and be happier.
It is great! We are in a class with 2 other Vizsla's, and a Big Munsterlander.
Getting him on birds is fantastic. The trainer will bring more different kind of birds!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Love Drago's big flopply ears.

I agree with Gunnr - our V is a family pet first, and gun dog second. We had him field trained on birds at 9 months and noticed a huge change in his behaviour since ... for the better.

Now that Rio knows what his job is ... I think he's much happier (and so are we).

He has 1 season under his belt and he can't wait pheasant to open in the fall.

Thanks for posting the pics ... i laugh when I see them as pups dragging birds that are almost the same size as them ;D

·
Registered
809 Posts
Welcome, Drago looks like a real good looking pup. Love those big ears.
Good luck with his training.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome to the forum.... you'll gain lots of interesting, helpful and funny info. here. I must say your pup is gorgeous! Looking at that cute puppy face makes it hard for me to believe that my girl will be 1 year old already on the 26th of this month. Enjoy his youth as it goes by in the blink of an eye.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts