Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted a couple of times in the last month or so since I discovered this forum but didn't think about introducing myself till i started wondering if there was anyone else from Australia here?

We live in Hobart with our V and a burmese cat. Wouldn't say they are best friends but they do have a pretty good understanding ;)

My V is now a bit over 2 and I only wish I'd found this forum 3 years ago when I started thinking about getting a V! I love reading about everyone's experiences with their dogs - its both entertaining and educational and it's nice to know mine isn't the only nutty V out there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, I'm also from Australia (Sth-East NSW). Currently have a Brittany Spaniel and am considering a V for my next dog. It's quite amazing the similarity in "challenges" between the breeds, do you hunt with your V ?
Cheers,
Waldo

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, my V is a "companion dog" (thats what the breeder called it). Much to the dismay of some local hunting people who wonder how i can have such a wonderful gun dog and not use him. But he is also a wonderful family member so I think its OK not to hunt with him. :)

Here are some photos of my gorgeous boy...

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
He is a beautifull looking boy. I think most of the utility hunting breeds make great pets also, as long as they are involved in the family and kept active (both physically and mentally). I must confess the more I see of the V's the more impressed I get.
Cheers,
Waldo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts