Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum after being recommended here by someone I sold a puppy to last year (Hi Sophie).

We have 2 Vizsla's in our family, Macey who now lives with my Mum & Inca (her baby of 7 months) who lives with me.

We live in mid Cornwall and I go shooting regularly with Macey, Inca will be coming out next year hopefully all being well. She has been to the morning coffee before shooting to meet all the other dogs etc and she loves it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
hi there glad to see another v owner in cornwall as we don't Se many of them!! we are from cornwall to and betsie is 6 mouths now and is training well at times !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah she is going well - she has been shooting with me twice to have a bit of fun and learn what a pheasant / partridge smells like. Looking forward to the warmer(!) weather to get some proper training done...

How about yours?

·
Registered
24 Posts
yeah i cant wait till the light evenings !! i am taking her to lessons at the mo which is going well she hasent seen a pheasant yet that will be fun ! do you keep Inca in a kennel or create ? are there many vizslas when you go shooting ? or are they all spaniels ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Who do you go to for lessons?

Um there is a chap with 2 German Pointers but other than that it is mainly black labs (evidently VERY fashionable at the mo) with the guns & picker uppers and springers with a few terriers on the beat.
In fact the other day I was the only person on the line of guns and picker uppers that didn't have a black lab (circa 10 dogs).... I was out with Macey my 3 year old bitch and luckily she is impeccably behaved or she would have stood out like a sore thumb!!

At night and when we leave her Inca just sleeps in her bed (with vetbed + throw + fleece - she likes to snuggle!) in our fairly big entrance porch with our cats. When we are in / up she is in the house with us - usually by the radiator or fire... She is not allowed on the furniture or upstairs though. I had her in a crate for the first week or so when I brought her to my house from Mum's just so she felt safe, it seemed to work quite well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hi we go to gamesika gundogs for training but i think its me that needs training ! we also got betsie from there . I'm just trying to introduce the whistle to betsie. i think shes getting it sometimes ! yeah it tried no sofa but didn't last unfortunately she also likes lying on the radiator !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts