Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I know a couple of breeders have posts, that AKC does not proof the their ads for puppies.
That any breeder could list themselves as being a breeder if merit, and list health clearances, and club involvement. It's not always true.
So you would still need to verify, any information posted on the AKC Market place.
OFA has a website, that makes checking health clearances very easy.
You can also send the area vizsla club a email, to see if the breeder is active with them. AKC also has a place online to search for breeders of merit.
Even with all that said, I would still ask the breeder referrals list from a Vizsla club.
Agree with this 100%. I always tell puppy buyers to always verify health test results with OFA website. And even the dog pedigree to check at least at vizsla data base. I remember a few years ago a post in FB where a vizsla pedigree showing famous breeding lines but the serial number were of a different breed. So be careful out there.

·
Administrator
7,991 Posts
Agree with this 100%. I always tell puppy buyers to always verify health test results with OFA website. And even the dog pedigree to check at least at vizsla data base. I remember a few years ago a post in FB where a vizsla pedigree showing famous breeding lines but the serial number were of a different breed. So be careful out there.
I've even seen the wrong breed listed as a pedigree.
And if the dog with health clearances was not microchipped. Who's to say what dog, was at the vet getting tested.
Scammers keep coming up with ways to look legitimate.

I've been to places, to help rescue.
If 20 dogs are in the same kennel, males, and females. Who really knows what dog, is the stud of what puppies. And that can happen for generations. Then your AKC pedigree is worthless, and so is the OFA health certificate on the parents. Your paperwork is only as good as your breeder, and sometimes the breeder before them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all - Just looking through this thread since we are thinking about getting another V. We purchased our V from the Teal’s and she was also born 6/16/15. She is healthy and happy as can be. I am so sad to hear that one of her litter mates has not had the same life. Recommendations on breeders?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts