Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having a little trouble with peeing in the house! Cabella is 4 months old and WAS doing exceptional. She has started to scratch the back door when it was time to go. She wakes me up at night. I thought we were on the right track..... Then the last 3-4 days I've caught her going in the floor. I didn't get mad just told her no and took her outside. But yesterday was really bad. She was on the couch with me playing with a chew toy,I leaned up ( sitting on the edge). Then I felt something wet, turned around And she was peeing on the couch just looking at me! I was livid, and the bad thing is she went out 15-20 min before. and she wasn't being hyper just laying beside chewing on her duck. Idk what I'm doing wrong?

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
This is interesting. Question: How much walking do you do? How often? Do you use treats when she urinates outside where you want her to?
Are you all excited when she does her business outside?
Rod

·
Registered
794 Posts
Agree with last post. Rule out a UTI. Licking, frequent squatting, going unexpectedly when having just gone out, & a pup who looks surprised w/ an accident are all signs of a UTI. If she has a UTI, she can't help it & needs an antibiotic. The least invasive/cheapest way to get a urine sample is to catch her urine yourself. 1st morning urine is best, but it doesn't have to be. You just follow Cabella around & quick get the cup under once she starts squatting ;D If you can not get the sample to the vet within 1 hr, you need to keep it refrigerated. Your own urine catch avoids waiting at the vet for her to pee or talk of the uncomfortable/painful catheter. Good Luck :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
By all means rule out a UTI. My Reba did this at about 6 months, except that she would be lying on my bed and decide to pee. It was just something that we worked through and she outgrew.

·
Registered
842 Posts
redbirddog said:
This is interesting. Question: How much walking do you do? How often? Do you use treats when she urinates outside where you want her to?
Are you all excited when she does her business outside?
Rod
Yes...please give us more info, and maybe we can help. We need to know if the dog truly understands where she is allowed (or where you want her) to pee :) So, did you name her after the store?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts