Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been coming to this website for a while to get some real good info, but I just recently joined.

I have a 18 month old male V - his name is Wrigley (his breeder was in Chicago).

He's been potty trained for a long while now.

Until recently has always peed with all 4 legs on the ground). About a month ago he started to pee with 1 leg up.

Over the weekend we caught him peeing 2 times in our house - both with his leg up. We have no other pets in our house. Just mom/dad/2 kids.

Is this normal for a 18 month old? What can I do? Any idea why he's doing this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Do you have lots of snow on the ground? I know it's pretty chilly there. How did he do last winter?

I know others have had problems with the dog not wanting to go in the snow. If there is snow, maybe you should shovel some of his potty area so he knows he can still pee there. That could be part of the problem.

·
Registered
842 Posts
He is a male right? So lifting a leg is normal. I wouldn't associate leg lifting with his going inside. Marking territory yes but not leg lifting. However, there is a reason he is going inside. The cold could be a factor. That said we all need to be more diligent when it comes to reinforcing good potty behavior. Read some other posts and go back to reinforcing the rules and letting him know what is a good potty!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts