Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

What type of dog would you guess Milo is.

• Vezsla

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vezsla/English mix

• Other

HELP Is this a Vizsla

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  1stVizsla 
#1 ·
Hello friends our family recently acquired a 7-8 mo. old foster dog that we have now adopted.
He is an escape artist and the entire neighborhood is getting to know Milo.
The papers that came with him from the foster group stated he was a Irish,English, Gordon setter mix.
One day while out for a walk with Milo a man in the neighbor ran out of the house and asked is that a Vizsla? My wife came home and told me about this and I have been researching ever since.
After Several days I am sure he is at least a mix with Vizsla being one of them. He can run forever, nose to the ground, can’t walk three steps without pointing to birds and rabbits. when he’s loose he never stops and points he just chases. He is extremely smart and affectionate and the neighborhood children love him. I will try to post a picture see what anyone out there can tell me.
thanks for your help.
p.s. our last dog was an Irish setter so we know a bit about setters and this guy is nothing like I’m and he has a white patch on his nose
Dog Canidae Dog breed Whippet Lurcher
Dog Canidae Dog breed Whippet Lurcher

See less See more
#4 ·
He could also be a red setter mix.

Reactions: olga
#7 ·
Yeah that and the shape of his muzzle is throwing me. He's still young, but it's not quite jowly or squared off enough for most of the sporting breeds. It's almost sighthound like.

The lemon or orange belton colored English setters could maybe account for the white markings and coat texture. Brittanys or Duck Tollers have that rusty color, sometimes white marks, and have a longer coat, but his head isn't like those either. He's handsome whatever he is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.