Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
My daughter was age 10. Wore puffy girl clothes. I told her to wear tee shirts and jeans. She refused. Her clothes looked like a big dog toy. I’m sure being my youngest the dog was testing her. I told her to be more aggressive at knocking him
Off and saying no. It was comic watching her walk with a dog attached to her leg. Or sweater. She never did recover from it. She doesn’t really like the dog. We just bought a 2nd one. 7 weeks old. I suspect we’re in for the same thing or worse. This little girl is more playful and hyper.

These times will end. One day it will just change. Your dog won’t be a shark. I recommend the dog park. Maybe 2x a day if necessary. My 1.5 year old needs it too. If he doesn’t get it he just paces the house. Looking for things to get into

These dogs need 1-3 hours of heavy heavy running a day. Don’t do it? Your dog won’t know what to do with that energy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just as an ending, I contacted with my breeder for his behaviors, it just needs more off leash run/play/exercise; we now have him go to dog park every day, when he comes back from dog park, we have such an amazing quiet night ;)

I guess all his barking and biting is because of the energy~

·
Registered
1 Posts
Btw, he is not resource guarding; each meal, I will ask him to sit and stay, until I say "eat" he will eat. At night, he go straight to his crate for sleep. Never wake up during night. We always have a good sleep. Whatever, his other behaviors are wonderful~ I just don't understand about this evening crazy moment! Seems he is another dog, and he dosen't recognize me as his mom! SAD, HELP PLEASE!
We have some of the same issues with our 5 month female though not as severe as your pup. She, as most puppys do, is very bites, and she is more aggressive in the evening. She keeps at trying to bite. Kind of in a different mode as you mentioned. We all sit with a lemon wedge to hand, she backs right off that, but her mood is still the same. Sometimes running her through sit, down, wait with treats gets her behavior to change. If not we take turns with her tug of war rope and vigorously play, switching off to tire her out a bit. Sometimes works sometimes not.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts