Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Laika
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is our 12 week old pup, Laika. Named after the first dog that went to space 馃殌. So far she loves cuddling listening to jazz or watching crime thrillers (haha) and bully sticks. She's still trying to get used to her crate slowly but surely. If you are a vizsla owner in PEC, Ontario, would love to meet y'all!

Here's a photo of her when she was 10 weeks old.

Dog Comfort Liver Carnivore Gesture

Registered
Laika
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good looking pup. In our experience with Ellie, 6 months was a pivotal age when she really started to mature. Excellent name for her. We also had a Laika in our past and she too was a best girl. :)
Thank you all for the kind words! Yes, a little bit of a space geek here so the name just made sense to us, haha. After I made the 6 month update post she was a little bit all over the place but suddenly from one day to the next she seems a lot more calm/understands more our day-to-day now. She's starting to feel more comfortable in the car too鈥攏ot so much anxiety. Hopefully keeps progressing.

This is her after a day of playing at the beach鈥攁lways such funny faces!

Water Sky Dog Vertebrate Dog breed

Registered
Laika
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Laika's first birthday was a week ago! I was able to snap some new photos of her. Also she got a new fluffy toy named Astro as we celebrated going back to the moon with Artemis I and Orion.

Finally her "shark" days seem to be few and far in between. Working now on getting more comfortable going in her crate and being possessive of the couch鈥攁ny advice? haha.

Cheers to many more years with Laika!

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Collar

Comfort Dog Plant Wood Carnivore

Administrator
While we love them snuggled up next to us on the sofa, and sometimes in our beds. It鈥檚 a privilege, that some dogs can鈥檛 handle without becoming possessive.
Those dogs are either not allowed on the sofa/bed, or only when invited. They need to know the command to invite them up, and one when it鈥檚 time for them to get off.
For some of them we just make sure they have a comfortable dog bed in the same room, or their own comfortable chair that is theirs.

Reactions: Arnaldo Quintini
1 - 14 of 14 Posts