Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Lancashire about 30 minutes drive from Manchester and next October (fingers crossed) I should be a Vizsla owner. I intend to start working him the following year on the shoot syndicate that I am in when he will be just over 1 year old and will have had a full summer of training under his belt . I have wanted a Vizsla for years and now the kids are growing up a bit (6 &11) I can give a dog the time it needs to thrive and mature into a excellent family member and be a great joy to work in the field. I will be looking for plenty of info as the time of arrival approaches and probably even more when he is at home as it will be a steep learning curve for all of us.

Dave

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Dave,

welcome to the forum pal, boy do you have your work cut out !!! On the upside there is loads of good experienced viz owners on here to help in all matters and make sure you enjoy him.her.

Peanut is 5 months now and I too have thought about working her on shoots, as her mom did this for her keep. I live in Warrington, not far from you. How do you go about getting involved with the shoots, or is your group a private affair?

Good luck,

Graham

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Graham I struggled to get into a shoot that I could afford because I didn't have a dog of my own even though there are plenty of small syndicates about. Last year I got an invite from my friend to shoot with him on his syndicate (10 guns) and this year I managed to get a place in the shoot for myself so its good to have regular shooting instead of begging and / or paying a kings ransom for a day out. I have plenty of access to varying types of farm land within 2 miles of my house which i have permission to shoot on, so the crows and pigeons will be used at some point in the training during the summer months prior to the game season in 2011. October 2010 is a long way away but I am sure it will come round quick enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts