Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! Sophie is 16 months old and resides in Massachusetts, USA. She is a very happy pup and loves lots and lots of off-leash running! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi to Sophie! Where in MA? We're close to Boston. Haven't seen any Vizslas here yet! Where do you take her for off leash running? We're new to the area, recently moved from Louisiana. Our V is 2 yrs old!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Shivangi! We are in Foxboro area. Sophie goes daily to the nearby Gavins Pond in Sharon and the surrounding woods. Sharon also has a nice dog park. Another great place for excellent off-leash fun and long walks is F. Gilbert Hills State Forest in Foxboro. Because it is a 10 minute drive for us, we don't go there as often as we would like. Borderland State park is another great place, but technically you are not allowed to have the dog off leash. However, if you go early enough and stay on the smaller paths deeper in woods where there are less people, it is fine. What area are you in?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi Suliko!

We're in Shrewsbury at the moment. Sounds like you live in a very V-friendly area! Off leash running is such a luxury here! We moved here almost 2 months ago, and have found an open dog friendly area very close to our house (TUFTS has a field next to their vet school) but its fenced in by an electric fence and dogs are not allowed to be off leash.

How long have you been in MA? We're looking forward to covering a couple of fall trails with our V. Any suggestions? :)

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shivangi, I imagine it must be still a big adjustment for you from the move. Louisiana and Massachusetts are so different! I’ve lived in MA for 5 years now but still don’t know most of the Western part of the state. Last fall we took Sophie to the Wachusett Mountain which is not too far from you. We got there early, took the smaller trails, and had her off leash for the most part. It is gorgeous there during fall time!

I found a website that has a list of dog-friendly state parks throughout US and Canada. Here is the link for MA parks: http://www.hikewithyourdog.com/States/Massachusetts.html

I looked in google maps at Shrewsbury area and saw some green “spots.” Are they all off limits? We had lived right next to the pond and woods for a year, but never discovered the area until we got Sophie.

If you ever happen to be in our neck of the woods, I would be glad to join you in a V. off-leash run. Just let me know! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts