Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed up to read and learn a couple weeks ago, but waited to introduce myself until the arrival of Eva, our 10-month-old Viz.

Great story...I'd had dibs on the litter before her dam had even been bred. When the pups were born, circumstances in my world made it irresponsible to bring home a new pup (health, family) so I had to take a pass. But I tortured myself watching Eva and her sibs growing up on a hunting forum to which I belong...

Earlier this month, I learned that her owner needed to re-home her for his own very valid family reasons, and I JUMPED on it...fast forward a week, and here she is!

I plan to hunt upland game with her, but as I'm a falconer (and she's from a line of falconry dogs) I'm also going to have her help find bunnies. One thing at a time, though; eventually, I might get her splashing ducks out of the pond for my bird, too.

She's a natural pointer--started out pointing houseflies as a pup, and today (her first day here) she went into a staunch point on my two old layer hens. Pretty good sign, eh?

Anyway, I appreciate the forum and all the great stuff I've read so far!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Congratulations! It does sound like she was meant to be yours :) Our 6m old V pup, Pumpkin, pointed a bunny this morning! I don't know much about Vs & falconry. Sounds very interesting! We started Pumpkin on birds this weekend (quail), and it was so exciting. Congrats & enjoy your new pup!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Congrats on your new puppy, I am glad things worked out for you. I was very intrigued about you being a falconer and did not know what that meant, however I did some research and found some videos on youtube, and that looks very very cool, very spectacular sport.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome! Eva's settling in--she and the cat have been "working things out", but the rest of us are completely smitten! She experienced her very first snow today(she's from Vegas) and she's currently passed out cold from all the fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts