Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm a new member and a fairly new Vizsla owner. My husband and I adopted our first Vizsla in June, from the Vizsla Club of New England's rescue program, with help from the Vizsla Club of Long Island.

Our Vizsla's name is Meadow, named by her foster Mom. She named her this because she said she was "wild, yet peaceful." The name was perfect, so we kept it. Meadow is a four year old Vizsla who was running around wild in Upstate NY for 2 - 3 years before she was captured.

We also have a Doberman/German Shepherd/Akita mix (at least that is our best guess!) named Leah. She is around eleven years old now. We adopted her from a shelter when she was around fourish.

Thirdly, we have a Labrador that we adopted when he was eleven months old. His name is Toby and he is now 7 years old.

Finally, we have 2 cats - also adoptees. One was a feral kitten and the other, a foster who never left...

So that's it for our rescues. Enough, I think. :)

I've been lurking around this forum for some time and it seems like a nice place, so I figured I should join in. I also belong to a Labrador Retriever forum which I love.

Nice to meet all of you!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Welcome aboard, and congrats on your new Vizsla. It's nice that people can adopt dogs from shelters, rescue programs etc. It also sounds like you have a house full have pets...That sounds exciting... And I thought I had a handful with just one puppy!! haha

·
Registered
436 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hope you find it helpful. I know we have since we are knew to Vs as well.
I think it is great that you have adopted your animals. We plan on adopting a sibling for Holley as soon as we move. Good luck with your busy household.

·
Registered
809 Posts
MeadowsMom, congratulations on your adoption. That was interesting story on Meadow.
Had a quick look at your website.... congratulations on all your hard work with your dogs. You are doing them a great service.
Well done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Yeah, it gets hectic from time to time with so many - and we are now at our max - but we have no kids, so we enjoy it. They definitely keep us busy!

Along with trying to see that everyone gets enough exercise, Toby competes in Rally Obedience, Meadow is learning Rally along with being socialized, and Leah is learning Nose Work - a canine scenting game. (Loads of fun BTW!)

Only the cats get to lounge. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts