Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)

I'm new to the forum... I don't have a Vizsla YET, so I'll be the odd one out here I'm sure, but I will have one in a few years.... if that counts! :) I've read quite a bit about them, but I'm still learning every single day, which is definitely a good thing! I'm hoping by being on this forum, it'll help me learn even MORE :)

My name is Nikki, I turned 18 on March 23 (woot!) and I'm graduating from high school in May. I plan on going to college and getting my degree (PTA and Canine/Equine Rehabilitation), then adding my Vizsla. I've been in contact with a breeder and I'm hoping to get my V from her, hopefully it'll all work out. I've met her and 4 of her pups once, she was heading back from a Hunt Test and was passing right by my exit, so she decided to pull off and let me meet them.... It was awesome! I've got pictures too ;)

Anyways... Right now I've kinda got 2 dogs. One is ALL mine, but the other is more of a family/my brother's dog. He lives with my brother (across the yard, at that! lol), so technically I guess he is his, but I still love him and see him about every day!!

Rebel is a American Pit Bull Terrier, he turned 3 y/o in February and is pretty much awesome! We've had him since 8.5-9 weeks old and its been a great--trying at times though--journey. He's still a naughty little boy at times... ;D

Harleigh is a Labrador Retriever (maybe mix, not totally sure), she is MINE and I love it!!! We've (that would be me and the Lab forum I'm a member at;)) have come to the conclusion that she is more than likely a poorly bred Field Lab. She was a rescue so I may not ever know, which is okay with me, she's still awesome!! I'm trying to get her an ILP through the AKC, so we'll see how that goes. I am planning on *hopefully* competing with her in Agility and possibly Flyball... Though I would love to start her in Dock Diving, just now places near me TO do it at:( Oh, I almost forgot! She turned 1 y/o in February, I can't believe its been that long, wow!

Oh and I also come in tow with 2 cats. Tigger is a 13 y/o grumpy man and Phoebe will be 1 around May, she and Harleigh are the best of friends and I believe she thinks she is a dog :p

I have pictures of all the above animals I mentioned, if you want to see any that is! :p

Anyways.. So thats me as of right now, hope ya'll don't mind that I'm joining without a Vizsla in tow!!! Can't wait to look at some gorgeous V's in the pictures section and read about all their antics... I love them so much and I can't wait to add one to my family!!!! Sorry for rambling so much... I guess I'll stop now!!! ::) ;D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Nikki! :) Where abouts in Florida are you? I'm in Ocoee near Orlando. I think a lot of people come on here to read about all the vizsla stories that way they know what they're getting into! :p They are definitely a one of a kind breed. I also have a 3 year old american staffordshire (75%)/weim mix(25%)

Here are my babies :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome... Your babies are gorgeous!! Those are great pictures... :) How old are they?

I'm in North Florida, Live Oak to be exact (don't worry if you have no clue where that is at... no one does :p). It's a small town, but we're pretty much RIGHT in the middle of Tallahassee and Jacksonville... We're also about 45mins-1hr from Gainesville.

Here's a couple of Harleigh! One of her doing what she *loves* best... swimming (she's in the Suwannee River here, on the boat dock though, so no alligators were present)!

Here's some of Rebel too.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome, Nikki! Sandy and I are both native Floridians. We live in Apopka which is just north of Ocoee, where Kasey lives. You won't be sorry when you get your Vizsla. They are wonderful dogs. However, you do need to be the Alpha of the pack or they will get out of control. Good luck with your plans.

BTW I had a ex brother-in-law that lived in Live Oak. He died last year. Lovely place, that!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Kasey (viszla) is going to be 9 months in a couple days on the 12th and Riley (staff) turned 3 in February. they are quite the combination lol they're pretty inseperable. Riley loves swimming too and kasey's learning..last weekend was the first time he attempted to swim in the pool. lol he was a pretty hot mess but he didn't sink! we just have to work on him not swimming on top of riley now :p

i wouldn't know where north oak is because i just moved here from Connecticut in november. :p

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hello to all you Floridians....

We live in SW Florida quite a ways from most of you on a little slip of a barrier island in the Gulf. Our Ziva is 9 months old and a true water girl.
She loves swimming. Although while on the beach she is required to be on
a 6' lead.... we do have an area that is a bit secluded called DOG BEACH where the pups can be off lead. She loves the fact we can just walk down the street and be on the beach and she can get in the water with me while on lead however she really GETS EXCITED when we head down the way about 5 miles to Dog Beach where she can run like the wind and swim with the dolphins - literally! Last weekend while there she didn't stop for over an hour and a half. Running with the other dogs, splashing, swimming and grabbing shells beneath the water! As a matter of fact we're getting ready to head out the door for a walk across to the beach in just a few minutes... it's a gorgeous sunny, breezy day just calling for a good long beach walk with a bit of swimming thrown in for good measure!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts