Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have joined this forum as we are looking to purchase our first Vizsla puppy, we have been reading a lot to make sure we give her the best possible home, so we thought this would be the best place to get all the valuable information that we will need, and once we have her, then we can share our experiences with everyone. We are in touch with a breeder that has a one day old litter, but we are not sure if there will be a female left for us at this stage... we got some pics today and they are so adorable, I sure hope we will be fortunate to get one of them.

For now, I would really like to find out what the best way would be to crate train our Vizsla when we already have a mini dachshund that was not crate trained, and is well behaved... will it be an issue with the new addition to our family if she is in a crate and Luca our Dachshund is not?

I look forward to any advice you can give me and to sharing my experience with other Vizsla enthusiasts :)

Thanks,
Candice

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome to the forum Candice. You will find this forum to be very informative and helpful as you are raising your puppy. As far as crate training, just start out at the beginning and stick with it. If your other dog is not kept in a crate, it might be better to keep the new puppy in a separate room. Be prepared for whining and crying at least in the beginning. But the puppy will soon get used to being in the crate and should find it to be a favored place after a while. Good luck with getting a female out of this new litter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
good luck with the puppy.
we have had so much fun with our dog and i haven't laughed so much in ages.
we have a two year old entire male. he is extremely well behaved.
so long as you are prepared to put the work in with long and frequent walks you'll be fine.
considering your climate she will drink (and pee) LOTS.
mine lives in the kitchen no crate and just tows his bed wherever he takes a fancy!
the big cushion/duvet things were a waste of time as he disemboweled them instantly.
he is fine in the car but howled like a baby at first so beware of that.
still doesn't rest easy at night even now, i often have to take him out in the dark and early hours.
great with all children and visitors but needs something chewy all the time.
as i say a bit of a cry baby when left and at night.
anybody with similar problems i would be eager to know.
andrea devon england

1 - 3 of 3 Posts