Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, nice to see a Vizsla community online!

We are Dougie and Caz from Alsager, Stoke On Trent, North West England.

We brought home our V puppy yesterday and have called him Buddie.

He is and absolute cracker!! Retrieving a ball and sitting within hours of getting him home.

An unsettled night was expected and that is what we got, but he has settled down a lot more today.

Heres a picture of him would love to hear from other V owners.

Cheers for now.

Dougie

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Welcome, Dougie, Caz, and BUDDIE! Buddie is a beautiful little guy!! Sometimes I think Buddie should be my dog's middle name, because I call him that about 1/3 of the time. ;D

I live in Michigan (USA), so I was wondering... What does "cracker" mean? Very smart little one? My boy, Willie, is 4-1/2 years old, and is also very clever. A breed characteristic, I think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha Apologies, local slang from my homeland of Scotland!!

What I mean by Cracker is, a great, fantastic, top dog!! He is a beautiful little lad, and is very smart for his age.

This is the first Vizsla we have owned and we cant wait to get him out in the field and trained!

Any tips on owning a V pup?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Welcome Dougie06 & Buddie,
You have come to the right place having become a new 'V ' owner, great looking pup, take lots of photo's of your new family member and show us on the site.
Couldn't help notice how clean your carpets are in the photo, you might want to take some more photos of these to remind you of how they used to look!!!!!
Anyway enjoy, and welcome again,

D&J and Brook(2yrs) Cardiff UK

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Okay, here are some tips for Buddie's humans:

Buddie is learning all about the world, and he will be for the next 18 to 24 months. If he chews on things, remember "They chew 'til they're two" and it doesn't mean you've got a bad pup. Chewing is normal puppy behavior.

If he gets into things he's not supposed to, here is what you should do -- Go find a newspaper, roll it up, and smack yourself over the head with it! You weren't watching him closely enough. He is just a baby and he needs your guidance, protection, and above all, patience.

p.s. I can't get over how sweet and innocent he looks in that photo. Just look into his innocent little eyes...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the tips and advice guys, I have had a couple of black lab's in the past but this is our first V.

He is already retrieving and sitting on command which is excellent, he is getting used to the hoover as we speak!!!!

So far so good, Ill keep the pictures coming.

Cheers

Dougie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts