Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've been lurking and absorbing information around these parts for a couple months now. Figured with my new puppy a little over a month away I would join and say hello. Most of my questions have been asked by others, but there are still a few that linger. I will start badgering y'all for information soon.

I've wanted a Vizsla for years now, a neighbor had one when I was in University, and she made a lasting impression on me. I've never seen a dog that was absolutely on point while in the field and a complete cuddle monster at home! Unfortunately due to my profession I never had the time to properly care for a puppy. Now I've reached a point in my career that will afford the proper time to dedicate to a puppy!

I'm heading out to the breeder tomorrow afternoon to see my little monster. Surely there will be pictures to follow!

Warmest Regards,

-Thomas

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently reside in Lakeland, which is about 2 hours from Satellite Beach. I'm sure our journeys will take us to the East Coast in due time! Is there any good dog friendly beaches there? I've been researching them in Tampa and it seems as if the choices are very limited.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You aren't supposed to take your dogs on the beach but I have been taking mine everyday before and after work for about the past 8 years and never had a problem. As long as you don't go in the middle of the day, are respectful, and clean up after your dog, the worst you can expect to get is a bad look from some old condo-owner from Massachusetts or New York that needs to be shown directions to I-95 North. In Brevard County, I would go to unincorporated Satellite Beach or the south beaches near Sebastian and you will be fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thomas,

May I ask where you are getting your new V? I live in Orlando and rescued mine from Apopka and have been looking to get another one. Unfortunately, it is pretty hard to find a V breeder in this area. Good luck with everything and happy new year!

Shannon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts