Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going on hol abroad this year and my parents can look after my Vizsla while i'm away, but I really want someone who knows vizsla's, and all their little quirks to look after him. I know this is a bit of a long shot because I live in the UK and I think most people on here are from other places.
I am going on hol 17august to 23rd august, my Vizsla will be 9 months then, very well behaved and friendly- is castrated, gets on with all other dogs and people. He likes to be around people, like at night time he likes to sit on someones lap on sofa and sleep on bed, usual Vizsla sort of thing!
If any one could possibley help PLEASE let me know, I would be so grateful and more than happy to offer some money/return the favour. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Where abouts in the UK do you live? I'm away from the 18th to the 25th August anyway so cant. Last month we went abroad & we took Archie to kennels for a week. We had a look at a couple & chose one that I felt would look after him the most. He was 6 months old then & I couldnt ask any relatives or friends because he is sometimes a handful! Anyway, he was fine there & all the staff loved him. I was worried because he wouldnt have his luxuries like you say - relaxing on the sofa on a night & getting lots of attention but he was fine. I am taking him again in August. If you lived not too far away & wasn't away the same time I would have loved to have another Vizsla stay. And Archie loves other dogs. Plus we live one minute walk away from the beach!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh thats a shame. I live near East London, I wouldn't mind travelling a little way to take him somewhere. At the kennels you took archie too was he in a pen outside all day like at a normal kennels, or in a house? I just think Wiley would bark all day long left in a pen and hate it.
Hopefully I'll find something appropriate.
If you are going away again at any point we would be hapy to offer to look after your V, as like you say we would love to have another vizsla stay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have a 1 year old V named Daisy ;D. We recently moved to England from Ireland. We try to visit home every so often, therefore, it was essential that we found Miss Daisy the perfect place to stay when we couldn't take her with us. Thankfully, we have found a great home sitter in the area. We just take Miss Daisy and all her belongings and she gets vip treatment with Jackie and her family for a few days. It might be worth looking into home sitters in your area or asking around. Barking Mad are a reputable company and if you google a few others might come to light. I was really nervous leaving her at first but she had such a great time and didn't even miss us lol!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts