Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using any of the goggles for dogs currently on the market?
Yesterday I had an incident with Finn, when both of his eyes got inflamed and were swollen. His eyes ere red and puffy, swollen shut, and the Nictitating Membrane was covering half of his each eye.
I irrigated each of the eyes with saline solution and Artificial Tears, and had the vet look at him, and today he is fine.
The Covid 19 crisis has closed the WMA's( Wildlife Management Areas) in Connecticut. On the plus side we have the places to ourselves. On the minus side, the DEP is not mowing, so the grass and weeds are chest high, to me, in the areas. I'm pretty sure it was the high grass that either got in his eyes, or maybe some type of allergen was the issue. The briars and wild rasberry are also really nasty this year.
I'd like to not repeat the issue we had yesterday, or have something worse happen.I would also like to keep taking advantage of the WMA's for as long as possible, but safely!
Anyway, I started looking at RexSpec's for dogs and wondered if anyone had any experience with them.
Thank you in advance for any input.

Gunnr

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't have personal experience of RexSpecs, however I do follow many Police K9 accounts on Twitter and see that almost every one that use goggles on their K9s are using RexSpecs, I have even seen USCG Vizsla search dog wearing RexSpec too, so from all those departments using them I would suggest they are probably the best out there or the only one approved for official use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts