Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got an 8 week old puppy, will he 9 weeks Sunday. Really struggled to get him to sleep alone in his crate this or even to stay in his dog bed that is in our bedroom. He constantly cries and barks so loud, we’re worried about the neighbours complaining too.
I’m back at work next week and need some tips on what to do when he’s left, I am coming back for an hour each day to see him/feed him etc

·
Registered
1 Posts
we had this exact problem and to be honest the best advice i could give is just be patient and consist with leaving him in the cage, it took our puppy lenny around 2 weeks and he started to settle, we also thought the same with our neighbours but quite frankly its your house :) with regards to you going to work i would advise maybe getting a camera, we bought a 'TAPO' camera which are around £25 and you can speak through it to help calm him down if hes barking. Hope your helps

·
Registered
Ellie
414 Posts
Good tips in this thread and throughout the forum on crate training. Otto sleeping in his crate Part 2

Also, it would be optimal to have at least 3 visits during a typical 8hour workday with a 9 week old pup. You still may have some accidents but you most definitely will if you only are able to visit the pup once during a 8 hour workday. Be sure the visits include plenty of time outside for potties and of course robust playtime to get their energy out prior to leaving them back in the crate.

Typically there are folks around who can be hired for in home visits during the day. Many fulltime working people invest in puppy daycare a few times per week to give the pups a nice outlet for their energy and to jumpstart their socialization, may be work looking into to supplement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts