Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Anybody knows what is that patch? Vet has no clue. He has it since 2-3 years (He is 4)
Plant Working animal Fawn Wood Grass
Elephant Working animal African elephant Liver Indian elephant

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Vertebrate Elephant Working animal Liver Mammal

Working animal Liver Fawn Grass Terrestrial animal

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Hi!
Anybody knows what is that patch? Vet has no clue. He has it since 2-3 years (He is 4)
Is it purely a fur growth pattern? At the boundaries/outline, can you feel any type of ridge at his skin level?

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Fur pattern. No ridges …
At first glance, due to what appears to be misdirection of hair growth, my first thought was some type of misplaced hair whorl. Though, you mentioned it didn't appear until he was 2 or 3 years old. I think if it was a congenital hair whorl, you'd have noticed it when he was a tiny puppy.

If you try thinking back to when he was a tiny puppy, can you remember any type of skin discoloration there?

I don't have a clue what it is... and can't remember a dog having such a thing, in such a place. Though, I have seen horses with misplaced whorls.

Additionally, was he ever injured there? Or, did he ever wear a coat or harness when he was very young that may have rubbed there?

·
Registered
Ellie
534 Posts
What's under the hair? If just normal skin most likely just a genetic oopsie of hair direction in that area. Otherwise, could have been an old injury that healed odd?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts