Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Calum,

I've read before that the best way to get your website (or in this case forum) exposure is to link to other sites and vice versa.

So for example if you want someone who is searching Google to find this forum when they search "vizsla forum" is to have this site show up on some other websites and have other website links here.

Maybe you can create a page, or add to an existing page, where you put up some useful links? (i.e. link to the AKC vizsla page) Things like that, just a thought...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hello

I do SEO on tonnes of websites. The main aim for here for me is probably top of Google for "vizsla forums" and mabye just the first page for "vizsla".

It shouldn't be that hard, even a search for "vizsla" only brings up between 1 and 2 million results. It may sound a lot, but I got my computer forum to the front page of a search with 90,000,000 results.

The thing is just time. I know how to get to the top. Links are the very, you need to get links to a website with the correct anchor text for the keyword you are targetting.

I have done almost nil advertising here, so it is surprising people are actually joining.

I will be busy for a few weeks, but after that I should be free to start work advertising.

Thanks for the suggestions
Calum

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a few comments:

First of all when I typed in Vizsla forums this forum was on the first page I believe, so that is a good start.

Also it was the second 'actual' forum for vizsla owners. The first one was inundated with XXX links, and I wouldn't think any Vizsla owner would want to talk about their Vizsla there.

So bottom line is this is the best real Vizsla forum out there, and it is set up very nicely; so I believe that if people know about it they will post here.

From what I understand Vizsla owners are very passionate about their dogs and probably are looking for a place to talk about thier pups. They just have to find this website, and then it will flourish.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I agree about the passion of Vizsla owners. I also saw all the other forums, filled with spam. I know how to manage a forum, and it will never get like that.

We have a signup captcha, that prevents the automatic spam which is the worse problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts