Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

My partner works in climate finance and we are relocating to New Caledonia in the South Pacific. The flight is a direct flight with Air France from Paris to New Caledonia, stopping in Tokyo to refuel.

I've been advised by pet travel agencies that this is the best option for pets. We're also looking into their Freight service which means trained staff are on the flight and check on the dogs, feed them and check water levels, take them for toilet breaks and clean their crate if needed.

I've heard horror stories about flying pets, but appreciate the data shows they are the very minor exception. I was just wondering if anyone here has flown their pets before and what the experience was, what airline you used and any tips to prepare them?

Many thanks

Josephine

·
Registered
2 Posts
We used Animals First, a company out of Austria. We transported our now 10-month old male, from Hungary via Vienna > NYC (14 hrs total). They partner with specific airlines to ensure pets are transported with as much care as possible. They still put them below the passengers, but I believe it’s in a separate compartment than the rest of cargo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts