Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post these, but this is our new puppy. We don't actually pick her up until next weekend - in these photos she's about 6 weeks old. She is the runt of the litter and far more golden-y than red.

She seems to have big paws for her size (she was soooo small), but then I am used to a Dalmatian's paws which are more delicate looking than a Vizsla's so maybe her paws are really not that big at all!

She's giving a little wink in this one :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
She is so adorable. Our puppy was more golden when we first saw her but her color changed as the weeks went on and she is now a deeper rust.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! We adore her already :) Only 6 days to go!!!

To Jill and Dan: Really? I thought that Vizslas maintained their colour from puppyhood! So maybe we will have a much redder dog next year then?

·
Registered
436 Posts
We thought it was just our eyes because we were only seeing her once a week at the breeder's until we could bring her home at 16wks but even the breeder's husband said he saw it too. I am not sure if this is how it works or not since she is our first V and no one else we know has ever had one. Regardless, they are still the most adorable pups.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are soooo adorable. This is our first V too and so we have no idea what to expect either. She's going to look a lot different after not having seen her for 2 weeks too - longer ears, lankier, etc.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey Clover! :)

Hows the new pup??

We just got a new V as well...our first V too!! So like you, we didn't know exactly what to expect!

I bet she got a lot bigger over the last couple weeks! We've only had Holly since Dec18th and shes already grown so much! Its crazy!!!

The first week was a bit stressful (lack of sleep) but now we're in the swing of things!! Its great!! I'm loving every min of it! ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts