Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just returned from a 4 day agility show - Rossi's first. We competed (if you can call it that! lol :)) 8 times over the four days. Got one clear round and the rest of the time he was ooohhhhh what's that??!!!.....i.e. first time in the ring he decided the obstacle numbers were very exciting and tried to grab them (something I didn't anticipate). Another time he stopped in the collapsable tunnel for a sniff (i guess a couple of hundred dogs running through it for 4 days made it a bouquet of interesting smells), and most of the rest of the time he went off track a bit sniffing the ground from time to time.

Overall though we had a ball - Rossi loved it! and really for his age and his (and my) first show he (we) wasn't too bad. There were some good bits in all runs. Added bonus...he didn't run out of the ring or go harass the judges. We're both exhausted now (very long days in the scorching sun)...and looking forward to a quiet day tomorrow. ::)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a ball. A clear round first time out has to be something to be happy about. I reckon merc would pick up the numbers and then take off trying to get ae many others dogs as possible to chase him! ;D

Enjoy your quiet day - although I'm not convinced rossi will know how to take it easy ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts