Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

took Peanut to Ainsdale beach again today. She is now 5 1/2 months old and loved the dunes especially. Just a few pics for you....

she is quick but not that quick !!

looking at all the other dogs

Looking good I think !

Just before she went on a mad half hour !!

Looking at the gulls again.

hope you enjoyed them,

Graham

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
She's beautiful Graham. She still has those "all alert eyes" I remember from your first few pics of her.
Once she gets her adult size and weight, she's going to be gorgeous.
Nice job with her. ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Grahama,
Gorgeous pup! you are obviously doing a great job with her ;)
I hope you don't mind me asking but I notice she's wearing a half check collar - how are you/her getting on with it? I got Purdey one about a month ago and although it's better than her harness (as she could pull me with all her body weight) she still does pull and I am worried about the neck area.
Any tips would be gratefully received.
BB

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi barrel browner we were advised by our dog trainer to use a half check on scooby and he's worn one when out since 14wks and we've never had a problem with his neck, after looking at the pics on here Scooby does seem to be a bit thicker around his neck than some other V's but we never had a problem as a puppy and he's always happy to have it put back on so can only assume it doesn't bother him. Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
many thanks
Does scooby pull on the lead? I thought the point of the collar was that once it pulled tight the dog would realize it was due to them after a gentle tug and then stop doing it. Purdey will just contine to pull and the collar is obviously squeezing (not choking!) the neck area. She hasn't got the message! As i've posted before Purdey does not like walkies she prefers off lead - running free! ;D

·
Registered
202 Posts
We don't do as much lead walking as we should scooby walks to heel better off the lead than on it? ??? The theory behind the check is you have to check to the side NOT up or back, so when scooby pulls its really tempting to 'check' him backwards which doesn't have any effect but a check to the side really works, we are at the stage were after one check with verbal command he responds to verbal straight away. Hope that makes sense !
Like purdy scooby loves free running.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi,

cn't add to the great replies really, but she pulls less on the slip lead than a fixed girth one. I think that pulling on the lead is a v trait but I am puting alot of hel work in at the moment which is starting to show dividends so I would try one and see how you go.

She only has it on on walks, a normal collar in the house for grabbing onto in those V moments !!!

Graham

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanks for your replies guys.....have been checking her backwards so thats probably whats making her pull against it more ???
Right... start again.
will keep ya posted
BB

1 - 14 of 14 Posts