Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boy Monty is 15 months old and a wonderful dog, but when people come over to the house he gets so excited he loses control of his bladder. I never had a dog with this problem before. When he did it as a puppy I assumed that he would grow out of it, now I am starting to wonder if he ever will.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My boy Monty is 15 months old and a wonderful dog, but when people come over to the house he gets so excited he loses control of his bladder. I never had a dog with this problem before. When he did it as a puppy I assumed that he would grow out of it, now I am starting to wonder if he ever will.
sorry, I’m of no help to you at all. Curious to read further responses to this because we also have the same problem with a 6 month old male vizsla. Even right after peeing, as soon as someone comes in it’s like a hosepipe spraying everywhere! I put it down to him being a nervous dog, hoping he’ll grow out of it, so will be following your post.

·
Administrator
9,060 Posts
If they don’t out grow it, people normally handle it a couple of ways. Either the have guests greet the dog outside, or have them ignore the dog when they enter the house.

·
Registered
Ellie
414 Posts
Try exercises to condition him to visitors. Teach him "place" command where he goes to a mat or small rug. He is to stay on place until you release him. Whenever visitors arrive, use the place command and have him stay on his mat away from sight of the visitors for a little while hopefully until he gets past the pee point and is more "calm". Then introduce him in a controlled fashion to visitors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts