Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey sorry I could have added this onto my previous post about Tucker's eye, but i figured it needed a different title.

My pup has never drooled at all but the past two days he's been drooling a lot, and his mouth just seems wetter and slimier than usual, seems he may be sick.

has anyone else's dog drooled when they get sick? He does seem to be kinda down looking, so i'm pretty sure he's not feeling well.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Since you have two possible health issues that you are questioning, I think that at the very least, a call to your vet is in order.

The vet will want you to come in for anything to do with an eye. The drooling thing...I have no idea.

Depression or lethargy is a concern for me, I know if Reba is not her bubbly self that there is something going on with her.

I am not a vet, I just play one at home.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Our philosophy with our kids and our dogs is that it may cost a little cash but we'd much rather hear the doc tell us there's nothing wrong with them than to ignore a problem and make it worse.

Definitely sounds like a trip to the vet is warranted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My parents seem to think he's probably just teething, he's almost 5 months old. He's not drooling nearly as much as the dogs in the myositis photos, but that is a little disconcerting. will let you all know what the vet says when we make it to the doctors office.

has anyone seen increased drooling during teething?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts