Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day. Six month male. 38 pounds. On his way to big. Two issues. First excessive barking when we are eating. We do not feed him from our plates. And sometimes just excessive barking in general. He (Asher) will just look at me and bark and bark.....for 10 minutes... I can get him to stop by petting him and talking quietly to him and then bang right back at it. this is a almost mostly an evening behavior. Second issue is just huge energy surge at night. Running crazy around house then twisting on his back and growling at nothing in particular. This can go on for 45 mintues. Then there is the humping which i feel is just something he needs to do to settle down. Typically lasting 3 or 4 30 seconds. Morning walk 30 minutes off leash. Minds well understand boundaries. Evening walk 45 minutes again off leash. Once a week to forest preserve for 90 minute off leash walk. His crazy time at evening comes after our walk. Also minds me (again most of the time) my wife far less and is very toothy with her and not with me. She often can not put him into time out for fear of being snapped. On walks he is great with other people and dogs. thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My sincere advice: use the crate more often. We started putting our 8 m/o in her crate while we have dinner a few months ago, because we wanted to have some quality time. And I haven’t regret it ever since.

Same goes for zoomies after walks - put her in the crate to rest quietly for 2 hours before letting her roam the house again. It gives you a little piece of mind, and your pup it’s much needed rest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts