Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched an interview on the morning news about the rise in dognapping here in the UK. We're lucky that we live in a rural area with a low crime rate so the chances of Ruby being 'napped are quite slim.
Do you take any special precautions to safeguard your dog being stolen?

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
There have been quite a few news articles about pet theft here in the US just lately, too. Here is a link to a thread where this is discussed. It IS something to worry about, for sure.

http://www.vizslaforums.com/index.php/topic,2606.0.html

I always try to keep a pretty close watch over Willie, especially since he does have a history of running away/getting lost! :-\

·
Administrator
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the link mswhipple ;)

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
You're more than welcome! Yes, it is a serious concern. Around where I live, it seems that the little purebred Yorkies are big targets. They're small, easy to grab, and expensive.

·
Administrator
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see it's been covered quite comprehensively in your thread mswhipple, maybe calum would be good enough to delete this one :)

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I'm not comfortable with ppl showing much more interest in our V. than they care for their dog. It's not fair to their dog. Some guy asked where he can get a V. Since he was bored of his overweight 7 year old Doberman. :'(

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
That is heartbreaking... and the Doberman is overweight because... he drives through the drive-thru a little too often all by himself?? Huh?

When your dog starts to age and get lumpy, limpy, white-muzzled, and not so beautiful anymore, that is when he needs you the most! The first dog I ever had as an adult was given to me by a neighbor, because she got bored and wanted another puppy. :'(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dog napping is really a desperate move! Dog-lovers are indeed alarmed of this crime.This may imply that fiscal hardship leads several to acts of desperation. And, although nationally crime has gone steadily down each year, one crime appears to be increasing -- dog theft. Some say the scary trend is the result of economic stagnation. This may not be true, as reported by others.Thus,pet lovers must be extra vigilant in watching over their puppies.Article resource:Are dognappings yet another sign of uncertain financial times

1 - 8 of 8 Posts