Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Really cute pics, everybody! RubyRoo, responding to your earlier post on this thread... Maybe Ruby just had a bad dream! Dreams can be very realistic, you know. It's possible, anyway. :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
Odin's picture is so funny! as if he's saying "enough with the pictures already!"

all the pictures are great, these dogs are amazing! I will add some of baby Otto under the covers, I can't find any recent ones!

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Jake does the same thing. He starts the night out on top of the covers and stands over you when hes ready for you yo lift the covers and let him under. He always has to rest his head on one of my body parts too, so cute. Every single morning hes closer to the toot of the bed with only his head sticking out.....just like we sleep !

Jake is a sleepy head in the morning too. Weekdays we get up, he rides with me to drop my daughter off and when we get home he goes back to bed....sometimes lounging around till 11 or do. He always burrows under the covers then too! Ill have to post some pics

·
Registered
639 Posts
Jasper usually likes to start the night out under the covers. Then he crawls out after an hour or so and sleeps on top. At about 4 in the morning I am half-woken up by a cold nose on my arm--I lift the blankets, and under he goes! Then, depending on the season, he may decide he's too hot and just sort of flop out. Of course, he takes the covers with him when he does this, and I wake up freezing!

Here's a recent picture of him. This face makes me never want to get out of bed!

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Love all the sleepy V pics! We managed to resist the powers of our 2 year old girl, Lulu, until the past few months. She slept in her crate with an occasional "treat" night in bed with us, which was just a gateway to sleeping with us every night as many of you know :). She totally does the same thing as everyone elses Vs - stares at us, waits for the cover lift, crawls between me and my husband and gets in a little ball between our heads. She loves to be swaddled up in blankets, too, as evidenced by the attached pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Moonbow loves to be wraped up and tucked in too. If I forget, he crawls under his sheet and rolls around attempting to cover himself. He sleeps next to our bed in his sof-crate. Last night, sleepy mommy forgot to zip him up after taking him out for a pee and four hours later I woke up and looked down and he was still in his crate! He hadn't budged. He was awake but waiting patiently. I couldn't believe my eyes. He's only 9 weeks old! My little prince, he's such a good boy. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's good to hear that so many other V's are doing this funny behavior. Our Roxie loves to sleep under the covers. She will give us a little "tap, tap" with her paw when she wants under so we lift the covers and she crawls right in. Super cute and makes me smile...unless it is like 3 am and I'm too sleepy for a "tap, tap"! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
WOW!!! I cant believe how many v sleep in the bed.
My fiance and I were just talkimg about how our 9 month old is a spoiled rotten v and sleeps with us in bed. I felt like we were being bad parents by not being more strict with him, but its hard when he gives you those sad eyes!! lol

Our Di Vinci sleeps on top of the covers.
for the first time, a few days ago we lifted the covers and let him under, he got hot and got up and out.

His dreams are VERY active and abvious. He will huff and puff, and no joke run, on his side his legs just start kicking lol and paws kick too. he is a big dreamer, he will whine and growl if its a bad dream.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Roxie, Oso does the exact same tap tap. I let him in in the morning if he doesn't sleep with us and I'll sit and work on my computer while he sleeps LATE!! He tap taps and then crawls under and cuddles with my legs.

I thought we'd say no to the bed, but I enjoy it as much (or more) than he does. He's under the covers - completely- on my legs right now and I have a cat on my lap and then my laptop is weirdly to the side. oh man.

And these pictures are adorable. I just posted a straight leg photo in that section, but I guess I'll just post again as it's equally applicable here.

Attachments

·
Registered
854 Posts
Oso is giving the stiff arms!! Otto does that at least once a night. We had him sleeping between us so he wouldn't fall off the bed.. now he's used to it and gives one of us the stiff arm at least once a night! I think we need to upgrade to a king sized bed! Some days I have to be to work for 5am so I have Otto sleep in the crate so I can get a full night sleep.. well by the next night he is back in our bed because I miss him so much!!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yep, Sophie sleeps in between my hubby and I. And last night she gave him the straight legs right in the stomach...under covers, of course! :)

·
Registered
639 Posts
OttosMama said:
Oso is giving the stiff arms!! Otto does that at least once a night. We had him sleeping between us so he wouldn't fall off the bed.. now he's used to it and gives one of us the stiff arm at least once a night! I think we need to upgrade to a king sized bed! Some days I have to be to work for 5am so I have Otto sleep in the crate so I can get a full night sleep.. well by the next night he is back in our bed because I miss him so much!!
As uncomfortable as sleeping with Jasper can be (getting stiff armed, waking up to his grooming, that cold nose to be let under the covers, etc.), I miss him on the rare night he has to sleep in his kennel. He's a pretty cuddly dog, but sleep is the only time he's relatively still enough to really snuggle up with!

·
Registered
2 Posts
under the covers

since she was a puppy she has insisted to be under the covers all the way. If the bed is made tight she bucks and paws wildly until she wrecks the bed or we give up and let her in. Then she grumbles and snorts and is dead asleep until morning.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts