Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone has asked me to look after a yorkshire terrier puppy whilst they're at work and I wondered if anyone has a vizsla and a small breed of dog like that, and how they get on. My dog is super friend friendly, but I am slightly worried he would knock it over. Obviously I would be supervising at all times!

·
Registered
278 Posts
One of Merc's best friends is a terrier of some sort. The terrier does just fine - lets Merc know when he is getting too boisterous. Your dog may knock the little one over but they will sort it out between them!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wally's "big" brother is a 15 year old bichon... Wally is ten months now, and as much as he play bows in front of Henry, he respects he isn't going to get a romping session out of him. He used to barrel over him, but has learned how to use those long legs and get around/over him! Good luck!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what the dog I will be looking after is, a very small yorkshire terrier, a teacup yorkie although I had never heard of these until now! I'm hoping it will be quite bold to boss wiley about!

·
Registered
188 Posts
so glad to hear all your positive replies as hubby wants to get a Jack Russel... everyone I have spoken to says its a bad idea as they can get underneath a Vizsla and trip them up causing probably leg injuries. This wouldn't happen for a while as Purdey still needs alot of training and maturing but I would also like another V so any suggestions which one should come next and when??? (I would like the V to come when Purdey's 2 and JR two years later.)
BB

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
we had dolly the teacup yorkie puppy round the other day to meet wiley, he must have been able to tell she was a baby becuase he was very gentle. Although when he was trying to sniff her, just nugding her with his nose was knocking her over. how do u let yours behave together, if you V knocks the yorkies over by accident do u just let them get up and get on with it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.