Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some fence jumping with the V in the weekend. A fence that she had jumped plenty of times before. However this time she must of mis-judged it and just caught the top of it. It had a rough sawn wooden rail across the top and she just grazed it with her belly and one back knee.

Well I think half the neighbourhood must have heard the crying! However after some cuddles the crying stopped. It put my kids to shame. At first I thought she must of broken her leg or cut herself open. However after about 2-3 minutes of ascertaining no broken bones or cuts (and of course the cuddles) we all walked home as though it never happened (no limping either).

What a performance.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I'd still keep an eye on her. Mine have had some good acting abilities also, but they've all been pretty stoic about pain.
What does "jumping fences" entail? I know what it is with horses. Other than a rider and saddle, is it the same

·
Registered
36 Posts
The first time Ava got her toenails cut, we did it at the vet with her first visit so they could show us how.....the tech clipped too short and you would have thought they cut her whole arm off!!! I was trying my hardest not to drop her while she flung herself in all directions and screaming at the top of her lungs. The vet told us we had a drama queen on our hands :) They are funny dogs that's for sure, more human behaviors than dog I think.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jumping the fences was a bit of a take on agility training. The fence wasn't all that high.

I have trod on her toes a couple of times when out running. Same deal. She really acknowledges pain.

My freind who has the miny Viszla (17kg at 5yrs old) got a black eye from it the other day. He was bending over to put down the food bowl at the same time as the dog jumped up. Her skull hit him right on the eyebrow Beauty shiner!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts